DISCOVERY CORPS is the result of years of student surveys, community
feedback, and recognition of the potential to train youth as “advocacy
leaders, peer coaches, and educators” in their schools and communities.
We believe that this program is the answer to much of what is causing
discourse and disconnection in our youth today.
Your donations go to support the Discovery Corps training which includes:
- 3 Day In-Person & 2 Day Online training up to 17 participants
- Plus, Training of Trainers for 3 participants
- Ongoing Discovery Corps Tech Assist 15 hrs per year
- Training Set-Up & Material fees
- Training Manuals
- And other travel expenses like mileage, hotel, and food.
The Discovery Corps program will be based on 3 primary focus areas:
• ADVOCACY LEADERSHIP
• PEER COACHING
• COMMUNITY EDUCATION
Each of these areas have been identified by both youth and staff
as vital to CHANGING THE CULTURE in our school systems.