Rise & Grind Recovery Radio E17
Asking for help saved my life.
Episode Snapshot: This week we sit down with Shane Ramer, founder of That Sober Guy Radio. He gives us an opportunity to hear his amazing story of recovery and how asking for help led him to his purpose to speak out. Now he is helping to save people’s lives through a message of strong faith.
THIS SHOW WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY WOW-WE CARE CHARITY, INC; PART OF THE WOW LOGISTICS FAMILY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING TO RAISE ADDICTION AWARENESS!
Support our recovery radio show through Patreon!
"We feature stories of recovery, advocacy, and invite anyone who is passionate about making a difference in their community. People are even using this as a resource for those who are struggling and for those who want to learn how to actively get involved"
Main Topics of Discussion:
- Rise Together announces their national advisory board!
- Can you tell our audience a little background of who you are & whether or not you are in recovery?
- How did you dedicate your time in the addiction recovery community? How does that relate to you starting your own sober podcast?
- Can you share some resources that you have discovered?
- Can you share with us some important lessons you have learned in your life that you think our audience may want to hear? (tips, pointers, practices, helpful habits, important aspects of your life today)
Who is Shane Ramer?
Shane Ramer is the creator & host of ThatSoberGuy.com and Sober Guy Radio. He also works as a corporate media producer with an extensive background in music and production. In September 2013, after a long battle with addiction, Shane checked himself into a 30 day rehab facility, and has remained clean and sober ever since. In 2014 he created Sober Guy Radio, which focuses on sharing personal experience and offering resources to help those struggling and recovering from alcoholism and addiction. That Sober Guy platform continues to grow and provide a solid resource in the recovery community. Shane is married to his wife Jessica of 13 years, and they have a daughter Lucy, son Cash, and live in Northern California
Do you know somebody that may need help from addiction or mental illness?
We want to help those who are suffering from addiction and mental health disorders by providing you some of the best know resources mentioned in this week’s episode and listed below.
If this is an emergency or if you are worried that you or someone you know may be at risk for suicide, please call your local authorities (911).
- Shane passionately shares with us how he found recovery.
- He discusses how he first discovered the power of faith.
- He discusses how he continues to push his recovery forward; even during challenging times.
- Shane discusses what common themes he has discovered over the past 3 years while producing That Sober Guy Podcast.
- He tells us about his new spoken word “I am saved” & his interest in music production and writing.
- Shane shares with our audience a few tips and pointers that may change your life.
Check out all the resources mentioned by visiting Rise Together’s “FIND HELP” section at www.weallrisetogether.org
This week we encourage you to get involved in your community or by supporting us online. In order to make long lasting change, people need to start dedicating their time and resources to the cause’s they most care about.
Check out Shane Ramer's spoken word video "I Am Saved" for inspiration and hope.
Episode Call to Action:
SHARE YOUR STORY with us and speak about the issues you most care about. When #WeAllRiseTogether we make a huge difference throughout the world!
Join the Rise Together Nation When You
TEXT THE WORD “RISE” TO 44144
Rise & Grind episodes now available on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, via our blog/feed, News Talk 97.5 FM & 1360 am on Sunday’s 11:30 am. You can also catch shows via our social media channels like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Also available on Sober Nation Podcasts & soon to be on Spotify*
About Anthony Alvarado
Rise & Grind Recovery Radio is brought to you by Anthony Alvarado; who is a person in long-term recovery and recognized as a national speaker, writer, and one of the leading voices in the recovery movement.
Since 2013, he has traveled over 100,000 miles with the Rise Together team; where they have spoken to over 120,000 young people on mental health and addiction. Today they are continuing to encourage thousands of students to talk about the issues they care most about.
Now, he looks to invite conversation from all over the nation to help show the world that recovery is amazing and so is life when you discover your talents, passion, and purpose. This radio podcast is for the entire community because we need YOU to help change the world.